Saturday, January 3, 2009

1st Run of the New Year!!!

This morning's group run was 8 miles at the Beach. We ran at one of my favorite places to run - Atlantic Beach. At the start of the run it was 53°, 97% humidity, dewpoint of 53. So, yes, there was fog.

Fog at the Beach is heavy and beautiful. It quiets and calms. Well, that's the effect it has on me anyway.

Today was an unusual run. It was the annual "scavenger hunt" run. We collected assigned items (e.g., best lawn ornaments) with a camera. It was a bit goofy, but fun.
Group 8 - Marathoners and Half-Marathoners

Personally, the run was good. I did have some ITB friction pain, but not enough to stop me. It started at about mile 3 - nagging and annoying. I ran through it.
At around mile 6, I raced ahead of the Group so I could turn and take a photo of them running towards me through the fog.

OK, that hurt and probably wasn't very smart. But, the photo was good!!!

I made it the full 8 miles. I am very happy about that. I hope that means this is healing, because I want many more runs like this.
A few Scavenger Hunt photos with the clues beneath:
"Our Gracious Host"
"Runners' favorite Pit Stop" - Thanks, Miles!

"A Symbol of what we are running for"

5 comments:

Michele said...

Let's see the pictures!

Lindarx said...

HA!

When I get home, I will start uploading them. I have some good ones from many runs ago.

Jesse said...

2009 is a good year to run!
Marathon here we come!!

Lindarx said...

"We", Jesse?

Listen, I will need someone to carry me to the car after the marathon. That would be you.

:-)

Jesse said...

"If Linda will not go to the car the car will come to Linda"

THE HOLY CARAN