Saturday, December 27, 2008

The woods are lovely ...

... dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep. And miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost

We started out this morning at 6AM on the Rail Trails into the woods. It was dark with a heavy wet fog. The fog was so dense that we were all damp before running the first step. Visibility was no more than a couple of feet. So we ran into a deep dark foggy morning unable to see where we were going or where we had been.

As the sun rose, the fog lingered leaving water droplets clinging to spider webs in the trees.

Two things I learned from this morning's run:

1). I am not a long distance runner. If I make it to and through this marathon, I will not run another. The half marathon will be my longest distance from then on.

2). The ITB compression wrap does not work. I need serious rest and recovery ... starting now.

7 comments:

Michele said...

You will make it. It may only be the one time, but you have the will and determination in your heart to finish your goal.

Lindarx said...

Thanks, Michele.

Pain had me to the "I give up" point yesterday. It really did.

Michele said...

I wish I could wave a magic wand and make the ITB problem go away!

Anonymous said...

You can do it Linda!

Lindarx said...

Thanks, Mary.

I'll feel better about it if tomorrow's run goes well.

Jesse said...

Linda said:
"....things I learned from this morning's run:
1). I am not a long distance runner. If I make it to and through this marathon, I will not run another. The half marathon will be my longest distance from then on."


....Right....I know you will never let a little ol' marathon get the better of you!

Lindarx said...

We'll see, Jesse.