Thursday, March 5, 2009

Consulting the I Ching

Yes, I did. I have become so torn over the half marathon this weekend.

I am not recovered from the marathon 3 weeks ago.

I have been advised to skip this half marathon, or walk it.

So, I consulted the I Ching. The answer, I must say, surprised me.


The Question:
Should I run the half marathon this weekend?

The Answer:


Hexagram: 46 - ShĂȘng
Upward Mobility
Beneath the Soil, the Seedling pushes upward toward the light:
To preserve his integrity, the Superior Person contents himself with
small gains that eventually lead to great accomplishment.
Supreme Success.
Have no doubts.
Seek guidance from someone you respect.
A constant move toward greater clarity will bring reward.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:
You are progressing, rising inch-by-inch toward certain success.
What makes this assured is your refusal to tilt headlong toward your goal, slamming into obstacles and going mad with frustration.
You have a clear map before you of the steps necessary to reach your objective.
With faithful patience and a careful conservation of personal energy and resources, you will run this long, slow distance.




4 comments:

Michele said...

Wow - That's an impressive answer.

Just take it easy and be nice to your body.

Jenna said...

Hi. So, did you walk it? I was out there. One of my slower times in a long time, but like you, I was 3 weeks post marathon too. :)

Lindarx said...

Jenna, I ran most of it, and had a blast!

I am writing up the race report now.

I hope you had fun, too!

Unknown said...

Hi
I am not sure,if u have received any moving line.Hex 46 says south direction is fortunate.

Have u been considering a change of location?Have u since moved to south direction.pl look back as time has gone by.
Any way you did a wise thing to consult I Ching.
Take care.
May the heaven bless you and all those u care,Great good fortune.
n Subramani
India